Thursday 16 August 2012

The Begining

I'll kick this off then...

Here I will be posting my reviews, opinions and thoughts on the various anime series and films I've seen and watched. I'll be formatting them as follows

OVERVIEW - A basic idea of what the series/film is about, if part of a larger set, like the gundam/macross series I will also put in info regarding the general background of the show too. I will also use this area to describe the general genre of the anime, such as "high school" or "mecha" etc.

REVIEW - here be spoilers.. I'll give a general explination to the plot here, and express my opinions on aspects of it, such as characters, animation, music, plot and character development etc.

SUMMARY - this section will break down into 5 parts as follows, all will be scored out of ten, and a final rating out of fifty will be given by combining these.

Story -  I'll rate the story aspect of the show, did it get anything across, how well did the characters come across and grow/change and so on

Production - A great story can be ruined if the production is bad, here I'll rate how well the show was animated, I will score down for repeated over-use of the same scene, terrible blur effects and poor drawing/animation etc

Music - A good score can really improve a scene, likewise a poorly used piece of music can utterly ruin it.. imagine a serious death scene with "Yakkity sax" (the so-called "benny hill music") played over it for example. As this can really impact the show, I'll also be rating on this. This will also be important in some shows where music is a central element.

Accessability - Anime is generally produced for a Japanese audience, and a lot of concepts, ideals and stereotypes dont translate over too well. here i will rate how well the show comes across to the international audience.

Overall Impression - This part will be where i make final commentry on my opinion of the show in general, bringing in the individual aspects of all of the above areas and how well the whole thing feels to me personally. the rating I give here will reflect my own personal opinion of the show.

Final Score - **/50


I am open to comments, opinions and points of view as long as they are kept sane, rational and polite. Just because I didnt like something doesnt mean everyone will agree and I respect that other people's opinions will be different to my own. I'm willing to re-examine part of my review from another standpoint if such a point is brought up in an adult, polite and respectfull manner. comments like "OMFG U R RONG!!!! DIS SHOW IS DA SHIT!!! U SUK!!" or simply calling me incorrect for not sharing the same view as you will be removed, and if too many of them happen i'll just remove the ability to comment all together.

Here's hoping for a good fun blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Excuse the Security, but automated Spam is a problem! thanks for understanding!